Monday, March 15, 2010

We're number 1*



Yes, the rumors are true. My pie plus Jerry's equation=first place in "non-fruit" pie category! There were points awarded for "appearance" so I think Jerry definitely gets credit in this win. I'd like to thank my sponsors Ghirardelli and *Jeannie Sprague.

I say, if you can't beat them maybe you should steal their recipe and enter it in a different contest. If anyone from Santa Barbara was at the Pi(e) contest they may have recognized a copycat version of Jeannie's chocolate cheesecake entry from the elite 8 round of the SB dessert contest. Is it cheating? or just learning my lesson?

10 comments:

  1. Um, your ward wins the "Nerdiest Ward Ever" award. Is there a certificate for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when you were just the jock of the family, who also couldn't cook? Now look at you- obtaining advanced degrees while winning baking contests! Does Jerry get the credit for recognizing your potential way back when?

    Also, I like that your names are written on the certificate in crayon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this whole Pi day is just going too far this year. But it looks beautiful so I guess... Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee, I don't really understand why you, the organizer of a multi-round dessert competition, would have such a hang up with people getting together to eat some pie. Even its pseudo-educational premise strikes me as something you might support.

    Did somebody get you with a pie in the face? Or do you have something against math?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What March celebrations do you think are less weird?

    Carnival/Fat Tuesday- drunken debauchery in strange and scandalous costumes

    St Patrick's Day- drunken debauchery in Irish green

    Spring Break- drunken debauchery and girls with low self esteem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it and glad to see that it didn't overflow this time around. Congrats for the win!

    Plus, extra props for the nerd factor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We wish we could have been AT the contest. (Monges)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a point there Jerry...Pi Day is all March has in good delicious/educationally clean fun!!!

    I LOVE (and want) that cheesecake recipe. Good choice on deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jerry, I think you forgot March Madness- drunken debauchery and gambling.

    ReplyDelete