Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dessert Contest Memoirs- My Journey to the Elite Eight

Round Robin Entry: A smooth fudge topped with strawberry glaze and a strawberry slice.
Sweet Sixteen: A mini pie filled with 1 layer ghirardelli chocolate, 1 layer choc. pudding, and top layer of star-shaped whipped cream.
Elite Eight: Cake Truffles - cake mix+pudding mix+sour cream+cream cheese frosting, made into balls, dipped in chocolate.
This grand entry lost by a single vote to an amazing key lime pie. Not bad for a girl who has historically been given vote-of-no-confidence assignments like "vegetable tray" at Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

  1. way to go v! you've come a long way baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lets talk about how bummed I am that I don't live there anymore and I didn't get to eat any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no WAY!! my mouth is hanging open. those are beautiful!! you could come to my house and hang out sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, nice work! the truffles look amazing—definitely final four worthy in my book.

    ReplyDelete