Sunday, April 10, 2011

When will the snow go?

This is a question I ask every day. Sadly, the only thing I can say with certainty is that the snow is not gone yet.

Right in front of our apartment doesn't get much sun and in the picture you can see the glacier that has formed on our walkway. I took this picture in disgust on April Fools' Day during yet another snow storm (that is two Aprils in a row that we've been snowed on... some sort of punishment for leaving Santa Barbara I presume).

While we wait impatiently for spring to actually arrive maybe we can play a little game. Does anybody out there have a good guess for when the snow will melt completely?

If you can guess the day right maybe we could send you some melted snow as a reward. 

Here are some clues to help your guesses. First, it has rained a bit this evening, and below is one additional picture of the same glacier from this morning (9 days later). What do you think? Gone tomorrow?


And as a bonus for getting to the end of the post, here is one more picture from this morning of them both looking awesome.


11 comments:

  1. I will read to the end of the post more often. Also, register my guess as April 15th. So that I can file for an extension if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Not gone tomorrow. How about 4/17?
    2. Viv looks pregnant, finally
    3. Those are some sexy hot boots on the pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is 4/28.
    Gordon guesses 5/20.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is 5/16.

    If I win, may I have my very own copy of that 3rd picture? Classic. And Viv you look smokin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4/26. and wow levi. wow. he looks like he is about to eat you. what was the que for that stance? "ok levi, your baby sister just slobbered on your toy. what do you do?".

    hey is anybody else smiling like a fool at the idea of a GIRL in that belly!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as the snow is gone before I get there!
    How about May 4? Sounds like a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It snowed here this last weekend, so it should stay there for at least another month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. april 30!

    viv, you look awesome!! hope you feel great and i LOVE your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike- Cinco De Mayo

    Terri- In honor of one of my favorite days thanks to TJ-May 16...if I win can I have a visit from the little blue elf in the last pic?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm feeling hopeful and will say Easter. Probably doesn't help to say we missed you at the beach today?

    Regardless, you look great Vivian!

    ReplyDelete