Monday, June 22, 2009

While we were traveling

In case you were all wondering what Levi was up to while we were gone, here is what Rachel (Vivian's little sister, and babysitter extraordinaire) had to say about their week together.


# of YSA activities Levi attended: 8- Beach hike, BBQ, church, going away party, croquet match, enrichment night, movie night, ultimate frisbee

# of my guy friends that think Levi is the coolest little dude in the world: 8

# of my girl friends that want to marry him: 10

# of sea cucumbers Levi touched: 2

# of crabs he touched: 0

# of gallons of plankton water that Levi thought was juice: 100 (it took a lot of work to convince him he couldn’t drink any of it)

# of times we watched Winnie the Pooh: 9

# of disc tosses: 249

# of times I was happy to have Grandma Mona (Granma Mota) here: countless

# of times he asked about Mom and Dad: countless

# of emotional breakdowns: 1


Most heart wrenching moment: I was teaching Levi about using the word "find/found", so I was telling him "find a trash can" and he was saying things like "Bevi find a fire truck". Later on he was asking about his Mom and Dad, and I was telling him the story of them leaving on a bus. He got a thoughtful/concerned look on his face for a minute and then said "Find mom and dad." Aw.


Longest sentence: “Ra-ra and Bevi get gas in a car a drive home!”


Best find: tied between an orange remote control car and a bunch of helium-filled balloons (both found in the magic dumpster)


Most stressful moment: when my Relief Society teacher called 15 minutes before RS to tell me she wouldn’t be coming in. I gave an impromptu lesson and was once again very glad that Mom was there, as I couldn’t have done it if I had to watch Levi as well (Levi was very good, but was sometimes very distracting…occasionally during the lesson he would say “heyyy Ra-ra”, which would completely throw me off my train of thought)


Best new word: Funky. As in, “Levi funky!”


Most joyful moment: Watching Levi’s face when he finally saw his Dad and Mom getting off the bus


Levi’s newfound talent: hip-shaking


6 comments:

  1. ra ra, you're awesome!!! not only did you do a fabulous job watching levi, but you taught him to dance (although we all really love his hand dancing, his hip shaking is toooo cute)!! what a great little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If every little boy had an Aunt Rachel, this world would be a bright and happy place.

    (PS - I'm curious where he learned to read while busting a move. Is this how his Daddy studies?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stellan has a new obsession/addiction. I can't believe how big and cute Levi is, how could you stay away for a week? Good work, Rara and Granma Mota!
    Also, where can I sign up for dance lessons with Levi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time my parents leave town can Rachel please watch me for the week. I promise only one breakdown too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm pretty sure Levi gets his hips going in at least 3 dimension at once! wowee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this video! So sweet. And Levi has some moves! I love the way he shakes it, then kicks a ball! Nice. And I agree with Katie-every little boy should have an Aunt Rachel. :0)

    ReplyDelete