Monday, December 8, 2008

Puerto Rico Photography Class

We voted a long time ago that our family photographer was going to be Vivian, not me. And I submit this blog as evidence that we made a good decision. I've never taken a photography class and generally don't know what I'm doing.  But when I've got a camera in hand and a little free time I can't help but tinker with it (is it the engineer in me?  I don't know.  Maybe it is the kid in me... Levi likes to push buttons too, right?). 

Since I'm pretty determined to never take any classes ever again in my life, I probably will never take a photography class. But I'd still like to turn in some assignments from time to time, so here are two projects I was tinkering with while we were in Puerto Rico.

The first is a long exposure of a stream in the puerto rican jungle.


















The second is more of a photoshop project.  I took a bunch of pictures of the beach (Note: this is the beach that is one block from Carrie's home), and with a magic photoshop tool I was able to stitch them together into one panorama image.  Here are my two attempts.  I've been told that grades don't matter once you're in grad school, so feel free to leave me my grades for the projects in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. those are beautiful, but hey, it's puerto rico! now the real test is to take a picture of something funy looking and make it look good...like ashby girls. O, wait...you did a good job on that too. yep. your good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just assumed the slo-mo river picture was one of Viv's. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete