Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gwen Sophronia Thomas born June 7, 2011

Welcome to the family, Gwen.  7 lbs 10 oz and 20.5 inches. Born at 6am.

Just like Levi she's just a few days on the early side, calm, and healthy. The good news is there isn't much to report. With such a sensitive process where so many things can go wrong, we're grateful that there haven't been any problems. The cord was wrapped at least twice around her neck (probably from all those in utero somersaults), but luckily it wasn't an issue. Both she and Viv are doing well and hopefully they'll get some sleep tonight.

Here is the before picture. Making labor look fun.

Here is the after picture. Ready for a nap.





Levi was excited to go visit the hospital this afternoon. I showed him some pics before we drove over and he said "She's so cute!" and then after we came back he said "I love my new baby sister." At least he has room in his heart for one little girl in this world. We'll see how it goes when Gwen comes home tomorrow.

In other news, I tried to cook for myself and Levi tonight and burned the taquitos. Yeah those premade type in the frozen food aisle. I could blame the oven with the misleading temp scale, or the lack of sleep, or maybe even feeling the weight of parenting el nino all by myself. But let's face it I'm lost without Vivian. I'm glad she's healthy and healing.

18 comments:

  1. Hooray, hooray, hooray! This must have been the reason I was thinking about you all day, Vivian. I'm so glad that everything went well. More details soon, yes please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's darling!!! So happy for all you guys! Welcome to the family Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last pic! Levi's smile is priceless. Viv you look great and Gwen is beautiful!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!!! Congrats!!! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful, and so much hair! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see the pictures of you all at the hospital. Thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to giving you all hugs some day soon.
    sending our love,
    Dad and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! She is absolutely adorable. And I love the name. So glad to hear all is well. Enjoy being a family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Nice name! Gwen and Sophronia were both on our list back when they told us Soren was a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gwen! I didn't even think of that. Nice work- both with the baby name and the birthing of the actual baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Levi's face! She is perfect, and what a beautiful name. Was little Sophronia Smith in mind when it was chosen? If not, can I pretend she was? Because it makes me love it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like she's glad to be on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I know Levi will be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! She is beautiful! Sounds like Levi is already a wonderful big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! We all agree here that she looks just like you, Jerry! Oh, and I see we are going to have to do some cooking lessons in the new Adimab kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where have I been? She is so cute. Congratulations!! I wish you were here and we could meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good job Viv she is beautiful. She makes my little Leia seem like a one year old.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats and excellent name--La Gerusalemme liberata!

    ReplyDelete