Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My spidey senses

We were in shock for a few days when we first got here. I think they call it "cold shock" and our Santa Barbara all-weather gear (equipped for such weather extremes as 65deg and partly cloudy) wasn't quite cutting it. We took an emergency trip to the Target in Santa Fe to look for some warm gear, but I guess I wasn't desperate enough because the $18 leather gloves just didn't seem like they were worth it. Especially not when I found this $3 pair in the kids section.

Sure, I kinda have webbed fingers now and maybe they don't quite cover all of my wrist. But, these gloves give me a sixth sense. A Spidey sense. Wouldn't you pay $3 for some spiderman gear?


4 comments:

  1. Totally worth it. And don't worry about the lack of wrist coverage. Gloves don't have THAT significant an effect on body temperature. I mean, they're not socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure would buy 3$ gloves even more when they look like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides, if you fall through any ice, you can use the webbed fingers to swim to shore. Oh, wait, you aren't in California anymore. The ponds there probably actually ARE frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire- we should have looked for spiderman socks. That should do the trick.

    Carrie- I think my spidey sense is supposed to let me know if there is any danger. But, I am still trying to figure out how to spin a web with these things, just in case. I think the web rope swing would be a more elegant escape than webbed glove swimming.

    ReplyDelete