Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love you Jerry


It was about a year and a half ago when I inexplicably lost my keys. I looked into replacing my keyless entry remote, but it was just too expensive. $100 for the remote plus $50 for the "labor" for the dealership to program it. No way. I did a little more shopping and found some really "reputable" looking sites with "all real" "authentic" remotes that were still over $50. I gave up. Then when Levi came along, it became quite a pain to get in and out of the car without it. But I still had it in my mind that it was a luxury item.
This year as a surprise for my birthday Jerry got me a new remote (wrapped in computer paper). He found it for sale on Ebay and his bid of $13.00 whole dollars won it. Then he did some more research and figured out how to program it himself. What a nice husband, don't you think? I smile every time I unlock the car.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! It's your cousin Jenny. I love looking at your blog. It's fun to see what you're up to. Your little boy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cousin Jenny! Do you have a blog??

    ReplyDelete
  3. next on the list, a tracking system for the keys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lost our keyless entry to the great Pacific Ocean. I've also been put off by how much it would cost to replace. Maybe I should show this to Tyler.

    ReplyDelete