Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Enjoying winter - part 2

It all started with a question. "You guys don't have snow shoes, do you?" Thanks to my nice sister who gave her snowshoes to my other nice sister who then gave the snowshoes to me for Christmas, I was able to answer "Yes" to that question.
The event was "Full Moon Fiesta" which involved a 1/4 moon and no salsa. What it did involve was a 45 hike up a hill to a farm. The farm had a field with a 1/2 mile circle lit by tiki torches. At 6 different stations around the trail, local restaurants were sponsoring food tables. So, we would trek to the first station and have hot cider then to the next station for chili, the next for cinnamon sticks, etc. Each station had it own little campfire. The end was a big campfire for making s'mores. It was great wintertime fun. Being outside, trekking through the woods, feeling like the snow made this event more enjoyable instead of less.


Friends who invited us.


Here I am trying to figure out if I can get in there without taking my snowshoes all the way off.

8 comments:

  1. jerry the facial hair is mountain man hot. not kidding. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, it's my winter coat.

    Viv has been a bit distant lately though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three things:

    1) Where you live is cool. (no pun intended)
    2) I'm dying to know if you had to take your snowshoes off completely.
    3) Jerry, don't you remember when Colin grew a handlebar mustache? Bad. I was a bit distant, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture of you two is just great! You look like models for snow gear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to snowshoe before Winter is over.... which I am hoping is soon. :o) I love all of your adventures... I always have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeannie, I do remember the handlebar. But I just wonder if that is also in the category of mountain man hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've gone full moon snowshoeing for years, we're always able to squeeze in a trip when we're back in Utah for Christmas (even if sometimes it's a daytime trip) I love it. But we didn't have all the yummy food along the way.

    ReplyDelete